Monday, November 21

Mighty Coca Cola


PREFACE:
Due to its stream-of-consciousness nature, this posting may in no way seem logical in sequence. Forgive me, I am only human.
In August 2004 I visited my boyfriend in Tokyo.
Here I am looking lovely-sweaty on the roof of his building in Roppongi. That's the Tokyo Tower there in the background. And sweat on my forehead / cheeks / chin / neck, the result of hours of hiking about the city, experiencing!
Before continuing, I'd like to introduce you to my best friend in Japan:
All hail the Wonderful Omnipresent Drink Machine!

Located on almost every block (in Tokyo, anyway), this glorious being was my savior on those treks about town where every drop of precious fluid was excreted through my pores, necessitating liquid refreshment.

In these plethorous wonders of human invention one can purchase:

  • pop
  • water
  • fortified water
  • cold coffee drinks
  • beer
  • non-alcoholic products from beer companies
  • energy drinks
  • sports drinks
  • cold tea drinks including green tea
  • and many, many more!

My favorite is a green tea drink called Sokenbicha that actually tastes not unlike puffed rice. I first drank it here:

At the Yasukuni Jinja pond. The weather was hot, the koi were fiesty, the fellow pond-visitors leery, and the green tea cold and refreshing!

On to other streams!

1 Comments:

Blogger AndrĂ© Gabriel said...

beautiful place!
I live in japan but I didn't go tokyo yet...
I love sokenbicha too...

11:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home