Wednesday, May 3

Disclaimer

The posts below are numbered. This is to help you realize that, true to blogger form, they go from bottom to top. If you're feeling wacky, by all means read them backwards. If you're anal like me, start from the bottom. It's labelled #1. Well, Magome #1. I think. Or Magome Kara Tsumago Made #1. Or something like that. But there's a #1 in it.
The pictures are from today's trip to Magome and Tsumago, two post towns on the Nakasendo road-highway-thing. Good Times were had by all (me), but I am busted now! If I don't sleep well tonight, man I don't know what! Let's just say that getting in the shower this evening was a grand thing. And I'm going to be even more sore tomorrow than I was today and yesterday.
Word from the wisened-up: This section of the Nakasendo is not for the faint of leg or lung. There's a reason why the buses drop people off in Magome and pick them up in Tsumago: The return trip is a b$#@h! Of course I enjoyed it, and feel great that I got as much exercise as I did, but let's just say I'm glad I've been running lately to get my heart in shape, and that my legs know how to do long strenuous hikes. Or at least they have some vague recollection from last summer.
Anyway, I highly recommend this trip if you're looking for something to do in the Tono area. It's a great place to see beautiful mountains, quaint homes and period buildings and to get your souveniring on. I didn't really buy anything, as at first I didn't want to have to carry it all the way and back, and by the time I got back I didn't have the energy for souvenir shopping. I did pick up a couple of omiyage for my LMS, however. They're so good to me!
My suggestion for souveniring: get stuff when you first get there and put it in your car, then get yo' hike on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home