Friday, May 11

Tis the Season

I wield no zampaktou. My weapon of choice has no True Form and with it I shall never achieve Bankai. Yet together we shall slay many the enemy.

Behold, the mighty Mukade Chopper


Yes, folks, it's Mukade Time again. I found my first one of the season this morning, a little tyke, and I was surprisingly calm about it. I went for the 'Chopper, gave it a couple hacks, and whisked it off to the waste basket. I did have that adrenaline-inspired queasiness of the legs afterwards, but all is well.

What does this all mean for me?
  1. No more going to the bathroom barefoot in the middle of the night.
  2. Checking my bedding before getting in.
  3. Surveying the walls and floors - especially along the edges - as I make my way through the house in the morning.
  4. Laying down a new line of mukade powder around the house - once the wind settles down.
  5. Fretful nights worrying if that tickling in my hair is just a tickling in my hair...
In a related story, at the end of the day at school there was a sudden shriek and commotion in the hallway outside the teachers' room. An inquiry found that a mukade had indeed surprised one of the teachers on her way back to the office. Oh, those mukade..

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your early mukade stories almost turned me off coming to Japan. Now that I live in the big city, I am worried about what gokiburi horrors await me...

7:14 AM

 
Blogger Abbey said...

Girl, we've got gokiburi in the country too!

7:16 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I've been following your blog for several months now, I figured I ought to stop lurking and introduce myself properly ;) I'm Sarah, a fellow gaijin living in Kobe and teaching English.

I love reading your J-land adventures, as well as Melissa's. It's fun to see the perspectives of other foreigners ^^

You can find my own ramblings here, if you're interested:
http://sakura-breeze.livejournal.com/

Take care!

1:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home