Sunday, November 12

Encumbered by Idjuts

(Saturday afternoon purikura)

Wow, it's been over a week since I last posted. I guess you can tell nothing newsworthy has happened since then.

The big whupteedoo this week was the demonstration classes Melissa and I were involved in this week at GS. Japan has this nervewracking tradition of making its teachers give classes in front of a.) the entire department b.) the entire school faculty or b.) all teachers in their discipline in the city. In this week's case, it was the latter. Needless to say, both teachers involved (split class) were nervous, to say the least. The lesson was, well, it left a little something to be desired, and I'm sorry for the two who came up with it. But it was fun to see all my teachers in one place!

On from there, on Saturday Melissa and I went to get our hairs cut (as my dad would say) at a salon in town. Lucky-dee! - since Melissa brought a new person, we both got discounts. And Japanified hair styles. Which means that the ends get really thinned out. We both asked for "2 centimeters," but it's pretty obvious that more came off. In the end, the cuts look good, and I got to have straight hair for the evening (see above purikura photo), and it wasn't expensive. And they were attentive to detail.

(Looking down the main street in town from the train station.)

Today we headed into Nagoya for the afternoon, did a little Bleach shopping at a manga/anime store recommended by one Melissa's kids, got me a new belt (a dude's belt, but they were much cooler than the chicks' belts), had some delicious soba, trained it, etc. etc. A semi-productive weekend. Unproductive in that I only did one load of laundry and no souji (cleaning). Ah well.

(New York Style Christmas decorations at Nagoya Station)

Tomorrow is GES, which I'm not really in the mood for, but what the hell, I've got FAS and LMS the rest of the week. Hooray!

Keep it real, home pieces.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ab, I was funna comment on the hairscut before you even mentioned it. I had to look twice to make sure that wasn't a lookalike in the photo. Good looks, sis!

P.P. (AKA AT)

10:09 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say, my purikura skillz have been lacking as of late. Im a bit disappointed in the lack of kira-kira goodness in this particular work. "Encumbered by idiots" needs a little something more to make it stand out...Use it or loose it, thats what people always say about proper puri-skillz.

8:43 AM

 
Blogger Abbey said...

I myself could use some more purikura exposure. Exposure to others' purikura, that is, to gain some inspiration for future purikura endeavors.

And PP, thanks dude!

5:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home