Friday, April 28

Why Yesterday Was Great

Yesterday was great first and foremost because I had a good time at SS and was actually disappointed that I had to leave early to go to the yubinkyokuu (Post Office) and then a meeting. The kids were very responsive to my introductions and I had some great conversations in the hallway - even with sannensei's! Even though some of the teachers were their same antisocial selves with me, I just laughed and took it in stride.

M and I headed out early to the PO where I finally applied for a "savings" account. Meaning you save your money there but don't really get any interest on it. Now I can get paid! And the fun thing about banking in Japan is that you get a bank book that you can put in the ATM instead of an ATM card. It reads a strip on the back of the book and when you withdraw or deposit money it prints that up for you on your book, with the new balance. Pretty sweet!!! There is no checking in Japan, so you don't have to worry about keeping track of that. Cool!

So now I have an alien registration card and a bank book - I'm really living here!

After our meeting at the BOE, where I met the other ALTs at the ELE and JHSs, four of us headed to Uny (grocery store plus) for some kaitenzushi - conveyor belt sushi. I could become an addict - it's good, fresh and cheap!

Then it was on the the purikura (print club) where we took our pictures in the Princess booth and decorated them. I had to leave M and J there to go to my Japanese lesson with ST, so I haven't seen the end result of the "beautifying." I can't wait!

And that was yesterday. I got home late, went to bed "late" and got up tired, but happy this morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home