Wednesday, February 21

Doors and Puri

Special thanks to the Cooter for my straight hair this week!
I also just realized that in this picture it looks like I have no chin... I look like Beaker.


Meep...

I haven't posted for several days for several reasons, the biggest being that I was told on Thursday that my city did not renew the contract for one of the two ALTs of my company. Since I am the junior of the two, it was logical that I would have to change districts. I'm not even going to try to get into all the ways this is making me sad. I can't begin to do it justice. First and foremost because I will not be able to teach at my Little Mountain School, a fact that is breaking my heart.

However, my Aya-sensei is doing her best to keep me feeling upbeat and enjoying the time that I have left there. Yesterday we made purikura for ourselves and to give away as prizes to the 3nensei who won the game we played. Afterwards we went out to dinner. Oh, Aya-sensei, I will miss you so much!

I'm trying to keep upbeat myself, reminding myself that things happen for a reason, and there must be something good that will come of this. Not to sound even more cliche, but it's true that when one door closes, another door opens, so maybe there is something great in store for me.

Fortunately, unless things go terribly wrong, I won't have to move, so I can still live in my little house and keep in contact with my Ena peeps.

Please enjoy purikura with Aya-sensei.


That's "Storeito" (Straight) in reference to mine hair, and "Life is Good!" as in, "La vida es buena." Not "Straight life is good." Melissa.


6 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Meeeee Meee Meeeeeee....

Does that make Aya sensei Dr. Honeydew? (^-^)

7:44 PM

 
Blogger Abbey said...

Was that his name? You can see who the real star of that duo was...

9:05 PM

 
Blogger Melissa said...

"sadly temporary..."

JUMP!

2:31 PM

 
Blogger Todd said...

I hope this doesn't mean you have to move. If that's the case, you can just plain forget about a birthday present for '07.

WV: SWNCQ - obviously a Diva-Boy-Band named "Singers With 'nSynq."

5:35 AM

 
Blogger Todd said...

P.S. That curling iron really straightened out them there curls.

"Meep" made me chortle, with yo no neck havin' ass.

5:37 AM

 
Blogger Abbey said...

I thought SWNCQ was a porcine version of 'N Sync: Swin-Sync.

Again, I can't go there with my own WV... it's been a bad year.

5:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home